Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Few Things Off My Chest

Well I suppose I'll start off with the face that i'm now a ginger. Not sure if I am enjoying it or not considering I have had black hair for as long as I can remember. I have been starting to work out with my boyfriend Barry. We will have been together now for 1 year this August 1st, exciting I know. 

In other news i'm looking for a support group to help me out as I've been to the doctors a few times now and I've found out that i'm struggling with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and a new heart attack for me HPV (human papillomavirus) for those of you who don't know what that entails it's not a great thing to have. I can potentially get cervical cancer from this disease, & as many of you know I had a previous spouse cheat on me who is more than likely the reason I have it so i'm not thrilled. I will be still able to go about my life as normally just adding in a few more doctors appointments then usual and i'm not a risk factor unless you sleep with me which you don't (but yes that means Barry is and yes he is aware and tested and confirmed with me we are going through this together) He's a little more okay with it than I am but it's mainly for 2 reasons; one being that he's trying to be strong for me, & two because getting an STD is one of my all time greatest fears of life.

I'm not thrilled but I will have to live with it and I have come to terms with it as I should because this has no cure. I how ever have become more involved with HPV Awareness groups and finding a cure. I want to get a few wrist bands for people and raise awareness around my community considering I didn't really know anything about HPV until I got it. I'm now wondering what I really went to school for? I mean I took sex education and HPV seems to be something that just gets phased out with other STDs like aids. They should cover all the STDs especially being a woman and HPV being one of the only STDs that can cause cervical and rectal cancers. Why aren't we being made aware? I might stop into my old highschool and have a chat with the staff and see if they will hold an awareness day for the students because women and men should be involved. It takes two for these things to go around. I was actually really surprised to find out that even my own parent's were not aware of what this entailed and it gave me little to know comfort knowing this. I had to sit down and do my own research and while my doctor was impressed I still can't help feeling lost. My hopes here are to reach out to other women with HPV & the other underlying problems that go with it to come forward to me with advice for me to understand and take hold because i'm struggling. January is going to be a whole new ball game for myself, I never knew it was HPV awareness month.


Anyways onto another topic. My stunningly gorgeous new niece Abigail is to be baptized on the 15th (yes that's fathers day) I don't know why they picked that day but i'm sure it will be explained when I get there. For fathers day this year i'm not entirely sure what we have planned I was hoping to get my father one of those indoor-outdoor fire pots that they carry at green earth as he loved the one I got Barry's father for his birthday. We can't seem to think of anything practical to get Barry's father though. He's a man of very little wants and needs. He loves the outdoors and tea. Perhaps we will take them out for dinner in place of materialistic things, who knows I'll leave that one up to Barry.

Well that's my craziness for the week I suppose. 
I'll update again in a while. Hopefully not as long as this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment