Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hydradenitis Suppurativia

Well I went to my doctors appointment about 3 days ago now and I've now been diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa its a hereditary, recurrent, & painful disease in which there is inflammation in the apocrine sweat glands. It causes a blockage in the hair follicles. As the secretions cannot escape, the hair follicles may swell up & burst, or become infected. 

Hidradenitis Suppurativa has also been linked to the bowel condition chron's disease. The treatment I have to take is called Doxycycline is a tetracycline antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body. The side effects are rediculously long. 

But on a good note I got to visit with my sweet little man Corbin. Who is Heathers son. She would be so proud of how big he's gotten. He makes me feel so much better like Heather did. I wish I had more time with her, to do things with her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment