Thursday, July 16, 2015

I Miss You

 I feel so bad every time I see your photo.
I have so many regrets.
I wish I cherished your friendship so much more.
I know you know that I loved you in my own way.
I made sure I was by your side when you needed me.
I wish I didn't give up for someone who was worthless.
You were an amazing friend and always there for me.
I suppose I should just love the memories and hold on to 
the good times but I still feel guilty. Like there's no closure.
I'm sorry that when you asked me out I never said yes.
I'm sorry for not standing up for you the last time you needed me.
I wish I spent more time with you, even when I spent weeks with you.
I loved you, I still do, I wish you happiness.
At least I have a photograph of the last smile you gave me.
Thank you for being my best friend.
Even if only for a short part in my life.
J.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment